LISTING: Plan Compliance & Benefits Specialist
Plan Compliance & Benefits Specialist; Aurora, IL
Our client, a national Taft Hartley Health and Welfare fund is seeking to hire a Plan Compliance & Specialist. This role is primarily responsible for developing, maintaining and updating all legally required/compliance benefit plan documents for the assigned Plan Units. This involves staying current with all applicable employee benefit law (ERISA, ACA, etc.) as it pertains to each Plan and working with various Staff to revise and build legally compliant, participant friendly communications.
This position ensures that all plan units comply with ERISA reporting and disclosure requirements, including creation and distribution of: Plan Documents, Summary plan descriptions (SPDs), Summaries of material modifications (SMMs), Summaries of benefits and coverage (SBCs), and Annual mailing of other required documents. Work with Manager of Plan Compliance & Benefits & Counsel on plan compliance and regulatory matters impacting benefits. Work with other departments (Claims, Healthcare Delivery, and Operations) on plan eligibility and benefit related issues. Collaborate and partner with other Plan Compliance and Benefits Specialist(s)/Analyst(s) to ensure consistency and uniformity in materials, responses to questions, and interpretations, where possible. Serve as a benefit and compliance expert.
• Bachelor’s Degree in health care or related field (or related field or equivalent work experience) required Master’s degree in preferred
• 3+ years of increasing work responsibility
• Experience in a healthcare, benefits administration or compliance work role.
• Preferable experience in a Taft-Hartley environment, insurance company or consulting firm.
• Requires an excellent understanding of all facets of welfare benefit plans, as it relates to plan design and administration and therefore plan benefits and eligibility.
• Strong understanding of employee benefits legal environment, including statutory and regulatory requirement and the associated case law.
If you or anyone you know is qualified, interested and available please email your resume and references to us ASAP for immediate consideration.