LISTING: Account Payable AP Assistant
Seeking Full time temp-hire AP Assistant near Chinatown Chicago, IL $15/hr
The employee is responsible for coding and keying of vouchers into QuickBooks, payments to Vendors, expense allocations, and the related research and follow-up necessary to support financial reporting. This role is also responsible for loading the postage machine, and eligibility file processing for State of Illinois members.
• Managing the accounts payable process for all 3 Funds, including entry of AP invoices, inter-fund allocation calculation, check processing, positive pay, and appropriate and timely filing of all hard or electronic supporting backup.
• Assistance with maintenance of W9’s, 1095’s and 1099’s for A/P vendors when needed.
• Tracking and reporting on Home Care payments received from employers. Collaborate with finance clerk on applying payments to AR invoices.
• Processing eligibility files for Home Care, Personal Assistants and Child Care members and create proper invoicing in QuickBooks for revenue.
• Serve as the Finance Department liaison for Member Services eligibility inquiries regarding HC, CC and PA members, including investigating member disputes.
• Maintenance of hard or electronic copies of paid invoices, leases and other contracts associated with Accounts Payable.
• Ensure postage machine is sufficiently loaded, track and report postage usage for inter fund billing, download postage invoices and process for payment.
• Keeping the Finance Director abreast of any payment or vendor issues affecting the Health Fund.
• Operate as a team player and develop strong working relationships throughout the organization to ensure open communications and successful inter-departmental efforts.
• Other duties as assigned by the Finance Director.
• Daily deposits in QuickBooks, including ACH payments
• Generating employer billings
• Ordering Supplies
• Generating claims and pension checks
• 4-Year Degree in: Accounting, Finance or Business
• Advanced computer and keyboarding skills
• At least 1+ years of experience in a similar role
M-F 9A-5P 37.5 hours paid per work week
If you or anyone you know is interested and qualified for the position, send an updated resume to us ASAP for immediate consideration.