LISTING: Accounts Receivable Manager, for very large physician group, Chicago Loop
Our client, that provides physician management services on behalf of the University of Illinois Physician Group, has an immediate staffing need for an Accounts Receivable Manager. The AR Mgr. is responsible for planning, development and management of policies procedures and staff for billing and collection of third-party accounts receivable as part of a multispecialty physician group consisting of more than 700 providers with increasing annual gross charges of over $415 million. Responsible for establishing efficient processes to maintain low days in AR while maximizing collections. The work routine is complex, tasks are highly interrelated and generally tied to the billing and subsequent collection of aged receivables.
- Supervise supporting staff of approximately 15 to 25 individuals
- Responsible for staff productivity and customer service volume. Plan, assign and review work of staff to ensure that group objectives are met. Hire, train, develop and manage staff to ensure that a qualified staff exists to meet group objectives.
- Responsible for planning, developing and managing policies and procedures and leading a team of AR specialists for billing and collection activities of government and commercial payers.
- Review, update and/or create training materials for onboarding of new staff and continuing education for established staff.
- Interact and partner with multiple internal departments to ensure timely and accurate billing of claims and collection of balances owed to the University of Illinois Physicians group.
- Ensure patients and insurance companies are properly billed for all services, and that payments are received and processed in a timely manner.
- Recognize and communicate trends with major payor issues relating to appeals and denials and escalate to vendors when appropriate.
- Establish strong working relationships with customers and internal partners to achieve organizational and departmental goals.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, healthcare administration or related field required or 5-7 years of collection experience with required knowledge of third-party billing, collection methods and procedures of which 2 years were in an AR managing capacity. 3-4 years of billing or claims processing experience. Must have demonstrated strong managerial experience and high level of customer service skills. Proven ability to work well with others in a diverse environment is a must.
Practice Management Software: Experience with Epic Resolute PB experience preferred, Availity experience a plus.
If you or anyone you know is interested, qualified and immediately available please send an updated resume to us for immediate review and consideration.