LISTING: Long term contract P&C Claims Adjuster with IL municipal experience
Yes! We are actively Hiring During COVID-19
Our client, a commercial insurance broker specializing in WC and P&C and GL insurance Chicago Loop, has an immediate staffing need for an experienced P&C Liability Claims Specialist with IL Municipal experience.
Handles assigned bodily injury and property damage liability claims within rules, regulations, and laws including, but not limited to, general provisions of Illinois Vehicle Code, the Local Governmental and Governmental Employees Tort Act (“Tort Immunity Act”), and State and Federal Government Codes, laws, statutes and legal decisions. Comply with company best practices for handling bodily injury and property damage claims within delegated limited authority to best possible outcome under the supervision of a claim’s supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Reviews accident reports and claim for damage forms. Confirms claims are filed timely and sufficiently according to Government codes.
- Conduct investigations and determine liability within time frames set forth in Government codes.
- Notify the claimant of liability determination within time frames set forth in Government codes.
- Obtain documentation of damages being claimed and evaluate claims for settlement.
- Negotiate settlements within designated authority.
- Establish plan of action to bring claims to a conclusion
- Timely review of files on diary.
- Manage litigation, direct defense counsel and control legal expenses.
- Adhere to client guidelines and participate in claims review as needed
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to conduct recorded interviews.
- Ability to learn rapidly to develop knowledge and understanding of claims practices.
- Strong organizational skills & good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies
EDUCATION: College degree preferred, work experience can substitute for educational requirement.
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) or more years of industry experience and claims management preferred.
This position pays a competitive hourly wage. The ideal candidate is someone that is detail oriented and able to multi-task. This 40 hour per week position is expected to last until the end of 2020.
If you or anyone you know is interested, qualified and immediately available please send an updated resume to us for immediate review and consideration.