LISTING: Medical Coding & Billing Analysts at UIC Hospital
Our client, that provides physician management services on behalf of the U of IL Hospital located in the city of Chicago, has an immediate staffing need for two Medical Coding & Billing Analysts. A CPC, CPC-H, RHIT or RHIA Certification is required. Experience with CMS regulations, CDM codes, CPT codes, diagnosis codes, modifiers, federal regulatory guidelines and healthcare billing is also essential. Recent Epic or ADT experience is ideal. Some experience with database utilization, particularly Microsoft Access, is required. Ability to prepare complex and detailed reports is essential. This is an excellent paying, temp to hire, full-time position working onsite the U of IL Hospital from Monday-Friday (8:00am to 5:00pm). This is an opportunity that moves an experienced coder/biller away from high volume work into one that is more challenging.
- You will be responsible for monitoring clinical trial accounts and reviewing charges associated with research and determining what can or cannot be billed as conventional or standard care. You will then select the appropriate codes and create the correct billing entries.
- You will be working w/ the Dir. of Research Admin and have a major role in identifying research workflow best practices & preventing sponsor paid services from being billed to 3rd party payers.
- You will be responsible for monitoring the research study costs, reducing costs, coding and submitting the clinical trial service bills accurately and within a timely manner.
- You will be monitoring the Compass reports for ongoing reconciliation of charges with research accounts and third-party bills, and exporting from Compass into the research billing data warehouse to create billing job batches.
- You will be responsible for identifying medical claims system coding issues, investigating denied claims, correcting appeals and resubmitting claims for prompt payment.
- Assist in training sessions on properly billing for clinical trials and participating in ongoing research education seminars.
All interested candidates must interview with the client and are required to pass an onsite competency test. Medical testing and vaccinations are also required.
If you or anyone you know is interested, qualified and immediately available please send an updated resume to us for immediate review and consideration.