LISTING: Part time Medical Auditing, Coding & Chart review, RHIA, RHIT or CPC (Close to UIC in Chicago)
Part time Medical Auditing, Coding & Chart review, RHIA, RHIT or CPC (Close to UIC in Chicago)
Our client, a Physician owned HMO model, that has a large clinic on the near west side of Chicago near the UIC campus hospital that is looking for a coding and HIM Specialist to assist them with auditing, coding and review of medical records. This is expected to be an ongoing project and will require you to on site three days per week. This is not a remote position. Do not apply if you only want a remote position.
Duties: Candidate selected will work with Medical Records personnel to do coding for three principal areas; ortho, surgery and physiatrist as well as work with their QI Mgr. on items related to documentation improvement. It will be kind of a combination of auditing, coding guidance and chart review.
- RHIA, RHIT or CPC certificate
- College degree preferred
- Healthcare professional with 3-5 years in the healthcare field.
- Exhibit strong analytical skills, healthcare terminology
- Ability to work as a team player, working with many departments to obtain data.
- Experience in auditing physician charts
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong computer skills and be familiar with the use of Excel, Word,
- Ability to be flexible and take on tasks as needed.
- Someone interested in a long-term commitment of at least a year.
- Ok with working on-site and three days per week/ 24 hours per week
This location is easily accessible for public transportation. Parking is available in a secure parking lot on site at no charge. Normal start time is 9:00am when the clinic opens. Client is flexible regarding daily end time or the number of days worked per week to achieve 24 hours. This is a highly visible ongoing need in which you would be working with the Medical Records team and the QI Mgr. on items as it relates to documentation.
If you or anyone you know is interested, qualified and available please send an email to us for immediate consideration.