JOB LISTING: Experienced Temporary to Hire F/T Senior Ambulatory Coding Manager Needed, For a Very Large Physician Group in Downtown Chicago the Loop
As a Senior Ambulatory Coding Manager, you will be responsible for the oversight and operations of the Ambulatory Coding Department and team. Maximizing coding efficiencies, staffing with outsourced vendors, attending monthly department meetings, analyzing and identifying systemic coding issues and providing resolutions, implementing process improvements to increase efficiency, generating coding reports and providing valuable feedback to the leadership team.
- Overseeing the ongoing coding operations as well as the coding team.
- Working extensively with senior management and clinical departments on coding and record accuracy and improvement.
- Responsible for management of the coding function, and coordination of communication between physicians and coding team.
- Management responsibilities include training, assigning, directing, monitoring and evaluating the work of coding manager and leads on a regular basis to ensure that work is performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Works closely with coding managers and peers to manage coding productivity and workflow.
- Responsible for adhering to performance management policies of ambulatory coding staff.
- Ensuring accurate and timely coding of all outpatient services.
- Reviewing coding and data quality audit reviews to determine accuracy and compliance.
- Ensuring that all of the coding activities comply with all the physician billing standards and government regulations.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive leadership experience in either healthcare administration, health information management systems, coding compliance, healthcare finance or billing, multi-hospital and/or physician coding and billing.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding and office procedures.
- Recent management/leadership experience – Must have excellent critical thinking, analytical, verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Persistence – comfortable pursuing, rebutting and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Goal-oriented – holds him/herself accountable to achieving department goals.
- Technology skills – demonstrates high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel, and others as required.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or a related field is required.
- Current RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CPC-H, CCS-P, CIRCC, CPC, AHIMA or ICD-10 Trainer coding certification is required.
If you or anyone you know is interested, qualified and immediately available please send an updated resume to us for immediate review and consideration.