JOB LISTING: Exp T-H F/T Profee E/M Coder, Chicago Loop based client
Our client, which provides physician management services on behalf of the University of Illinois Physician Group, has an immediate staffing need for an experienced Physician Coders. The client is looking for someone with at least 2-3 years of recent experience E/M coding. This is a temp-to-hire, full time position Monday-Friday from (8:30am to 5:00pm). Normally this position starts out on site for 90 days until there is a proven performance, but due to Covid-19 this position is remote from the beginning. This position required the ability to code 55-60 E/M encounters per day with a high accuracy rate.
- Researches coding guidelines from authoritative sources to ensure correct coding principles are being applied.
- This is a production environment where both quality and production rates are monitored.
- Reviews charge tickets and/or medical records for proper assignment of ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS and modifiers according to authoritative sources for coding, billing and documentation.
- Applies AMA, Medicare and specific payer guidelines in evaluating charge ticket and medical records. Where appropriate, specialty society recommendation may be applied.
- Works with internal staff to provide appeal rationale for the purpose of obtaining all eligible reimbursement or to provide rationale based on coding principles on why a service should not be appealed.
RHIT, CPC or CCS required
2-3 years of physician (“profee”) E/M services & surgical procedures.
Experience in abstracting & assigning codes appropriately for CPT EM & ICD-10 code sets.
Accustomed to a high production coding environment Ability to code 55-60 encounter per day.
Solid foundation in coding and billing
Candidates will need to interview for this assignment and will be tested for competency by the client on site during the interview.
If you or anyone you know is interested, qualified and immediately available please e-mail an updated resume in the Word Format Only to us for immediate review and consideration.