JOB LISTING: Healthcare Self-Pay Collection Specialist – Preferred Bilingual Spanish
Bilingual Healthcare Self-Pay Collection Specialists for Large Physician Group
Our client, located in the Chicago Loop provides Medical Revenue Cycle Management on behalf of the physicians affiliated with the U of IL Hospital. The primary task will be making outgoing collection calls to UIH patients regarding balances due. The incumbent will be a self-starter who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment and are prepared to jump on board and be a part of our motivated and driven staff for self-pay collections. The candidate should be experienced, well-spoken, motivated self-pay collections professional with a desire and drive to succeed, while delivering the highest level of customer service possible. This is a temporary to hire, full time position Monday-Friday from (8:30am to 5:00pm). This position has a very competitive wage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact patients based on Self Pay Follow up Levels, propensity to pay and balances up to $25K.
- Handle both inbound and outbound phone calls for self-pay follow up
- Set up payment plan arrangements with patients for new balances in Epic in addition to payment plan conversions for legacy balances from McKesson and Epic.
- Work with patients on defaulted payment plans.
- Set up settlements and negotiate discounts on aged balances
- Respond to correspondence received by the patient either verbally or written
- Send out necessary letters to patient regarding payment plans, defaulted plans or erred credit card payments.
- Collect payments over the phone utilizing a secured phone line to retain HIPAA compliance.
- Ability to translate into Spanish and not just be conversational in Spanish (Preferred)
- Previous call center or customer service experience in the medical field preferred.
- Working knowledge of electronic billing systems such as McKesson, Cerner and EPIC
- Understanding of billing procedures consistent with those performing insurance follow-up
- Working knowledge of contracts, insurance billing requirements, UB04 and HCFA 1500 claim forms, Workers’ Compensation, Personal Injury, HMOs, PPOs, MCO, Medicare & Medicaid and
- Basic understanding of CPT, ICD, DRG, and HCPC codes.
- Ability to balance assertiveness with compassion and empathy for the patient and others
- Thorough knowledge of computers & keyboard functions, calculator, copier and fax machine
- Thorough understanding of HIPAA rules and regulations
- Epic Prelude and Resolute experience a plus and transcribe accurately.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Experience should demonstrate expert level knowledge of analyzing and resolve complex problems in a quick and effective manner. Must have the ability to colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach within organizations standards.
If you or anyone you know is interested, qualified please e-mail an updated resume to us for immediate review and consideration.