JOB LISTING: Healthcare Self-Pay Collection Specialists for Large Physician Group
Our client, located in the Chicago Loop provides Medical Revenue Cycle Management on behalf of the physicians affiliated with the U of IL Hospital. The primary task will be making outgoing collection calls to UIH patients regarding balances due. The incumbent will be a self-starter who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment and are prepared to jump on board and be a part of our motivated and driven staff for self-pay collections. The candidate should be experienced, well-spoken, motivated self-pay collections professional with a desire and drive to succeed, while delivering the highest level of customer service possible. This is a temporary to hire, full time position Monday-Friday from (8:30am to 5:00pm). This position has a very competitive wage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact patients based on Self Pay Follow up Levels, propensity to pay and balances up to $25K.
- Handle both inbound and outbound phone calls for self-pay follow up
- Set up payment plan arrangements with patients for new balances in Epic in addition to payment plan conversions for legacy balances from McKesson and Epic.
- Work with patients on defaulted payment plans.
- Set up settlements and negotiate discounts on aged balances
- Respond to correspondence received by the patient either verbally or written
- Send letters to patient regarding payment plans, defaulted plans or erred credit card payments.
- Collect payments over the phone utilizing a secured phone line to retain HIPAA compliance.
- Previous call center or customer service experience in the medical field preferred.
- Working knowledge of electronic billing systems such as McKesson, Cerner and EPIC
- Understanding of billing procedures consistent with those performing insurance follow-up
- Working knowledge of contracts, insurance billing requirements, UB04 and HCFA 1500 claim forms, Workers’ Compensation, Personal Injury, HMOs, PPOs, MCO, Medicare & Medicaid and
- Basic understanding of CPT, ICD, DRG, and HCPC codes.
- Ability to balance assertiveness with compassion and empathy for the patient and others
- Thorough knowledge of computers & keyboard functions, calculator, copier and fax machine
- Thorough understanding of HIPAA rules and regulations
- Epic Prelude and Resolute experience a plus and transcribe accurately.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Experience should demonstrate expert level knowledge of analyzing and resolve complex problems in a quick and effective manner. Must have the ability to colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach within organizations standards.