JOB LISTING: Medical Claims Specialist for Large Physician Group: Chicago Loop location
Medical Claims Specialist for Large Physician Group: Chicago Loop location
Our client that provides physician management services on behalf of the University of Illinois Physician Group has an immediate staffing need for an experienced temporary to hire full-time Medical Claims Specialist. This is a temporary to hire, full time position Monday-Friday from (8:00am to 4:30pm). This is an on-site position at their office in the central Chicago Loop.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and correct claim errors prior to sending claims out to payers
- Accept claim runs as receipts are confirmed
- Distribute all paper claims as requested by users
- Pull and attach supporting documents to claims requiring paper attachments such as EOBs for secondary claims, operative reports, medical records, consent forms, etc,
- Process Attorney, Court of Claims, Probate, Bankruptcy & expedited payment requests
- Establishes working relationships with employees, patients and external depts & payers.
- Track daily/monthly claim submissions on spreadsheets
- Process edits/rejections in EPIC work queues for claims edits/rejections, eligibility edits/rejections and other work queues as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of healthcare terminology and office procedures.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Organizational skills – responsible for classifying the work completion day to day into realistic and manageable goals when situational changes demand it.
- Goal-oriented – holds him/herself accountable to achieving shared and personal goals.
- High school diploma or GED; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of physician billing and the healthcare billing/claims process.
- Customer service orientated, strong attention to detail, strong communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel & Word. Working knowledge of EPIC software is a plus.
If you or anyone you know is qualified, immediately available and interested please sent resumes to us for immediate consideration.